Information about specific conditions
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Chromosome Deletion Outreach, Inc. - Organization providing information and support to families affected by any type or rare chromosome disorder
cri du chat syndrome
- National Down Syndrome Congress - Home page for a national advocacy organization on Down Syndrome.
- The National Down Syndrome Society
- Down Syndrome on the Internet - links to down syndrome web sites.
- National Fragile X Foundation - A site with to information and resources about fragile X syndrome.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders - An organization devoted providing information on hundreds of rare disorders
- FRAXA Research Foundation - national nonprofit organization providing information on Fragile X syndrome.
- The Hydrocephalus Association - Includes Hydrocephalus fact sheet.
- The XXYY Project - Information on kids with special needs XXYY or Klinefelter Syndrome.
- International Rett Syndrome Association - Information on Rett Syndrome
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA) - A national organization for families, professionals and service providers dedicated to improving the lives of people with Prader-Willi syndrome.
- The Comprehensive Williams Syndrome Home Page
- World Association of Persons with Disabilities - A website for persons with disabilities.
Support for community living
- The Center on Human Policy - A Syracuse University based policy, research and advocacy organization. Includes information about ordering Human Policy Press publications.
- The Institute for Community Inclusion - Advocates for the right of all people with disabilities to be full participants in their communities.
- The Institute on Community Integration - A University of Minnesota affiliated program dedicated to improving community services for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
- The Center for Housing and New Community Economics - A Technical Assistance Center at the University of New Hampshire Institute on Disability.
Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Aging with Developmental Disabilities
- The State of the States in Developmental Disabilities - Examines public spending for mental retardation/developmental disabilities services in the United States
- Employment/Transition to Work
- Office of Disability Employment Policy - The web site includes PCEPD publications, press releases, general information on the Committee, and contact information for state liaison organizations.
- Cornell University Employment & Disability Institute - Resources and information on employment of people with disabilities.
- Employment Support Institute - Helping people make better decisions about employment options and policies.
- JAN - Job Accommodation Network, accommodations for workers with disabilities.
- Life Skills for Vocational Success - A resource of trainers to improve life skills
- The Transition Research Institute at the University of Illinois - Headquarters for the National Transition Alliance for Youth with Disabilities, promotes the inclusion of youth with disabilities in the national school-to-work efforts.
- Virginia Commonwealth University - Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Workplace Support.
General information for families
- Beach Center on Families and Disability - Research on families, disability and policy.
- Blue Tower Training Center - Abuse prevention education materials.
- Do2Learn - Free Activities and Games - A website for those with special learning needs.
- Family Village - A Global Community of Disability-Related Resources.
- Parent Training & Information Centers & Community Parent Resource Centers - Dedicated to empowering parents.
- SSA Home Page - Information and publications on entitlement programs for people with disabilities.
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates - Organization established to improve the quality and quantity of legal assistance for parents of children with disabilities.
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) - Provides national leadership in the identification of outcomes and indicators to monitor education results for all students, including students with disabilities.
- Special Education Resources on the Internet