Welcome to Harbor House
Harbor House Vision and Mission: "Empowering individuals with Disabilities and their Families to Lead Fulfilled and Productive Lives."
Harbor House is committed to providing the highest quality of care for adults with developmental and physical disabilities in a warm and supportive environment through compassion, respect and collaboration, which are reflected in:
The programs we provide and the dedication of our direct care professionals.
Our person-centered approach, accepting family environment and concern for the individual participant’s well being.
Our awareness of the dignity, uniqueness and gifts of participants, their interdependence, and their potential for growth.
It's Time for the 2014 Winter Wonderland Event - & we need your help!
It's nearly time for our 2014 Winter Wonderland Event and to make the program the best it can be for our participants and audience, we have a wish list of needs to make it a wonderful night! If you (or someone you know) has any of the following items that they'd be willing to donate on loan, it would be much appreciated. If you can assist, please email Dee Pilkerton,
. Thank you!
Wish List of "Need Items" for Winter Wonderland Event:
• White, silver or blue candles, ball ornaments, and ribbons
• White Christmas Lights
• White Sheer Curtains
• Clear, white or blue vases (all sizes and shapes welcome)
• Pine Cones
• White Christmas Tree (need 3 that are 3 feet or taller)
• Sheet Music (Christmas songs preferable, will be used for décor)
• Blue table runners
Holiday Program Ad
Another way you can help us prepare for the 2014 Winter Wonderland Event is by taking out an ad in our Winter Wonderland Program. We are currently looking for several key individuals and/or businesses to help defer some of the costs associated with the program to better provide a fun, free event for our participants, families, volunteers, donors, board and staff. Your support will be greatly appreciated and directly used for expenses of the event.
Winter Wonderland Holiday Program Ad Space:
• ½ page B&W ad (horizontal option only: 3.75x5 inches) is $50.00
• A full page B&W ad (8x5 inches) is $100.00.
Ken-Ducky Derby Festival 2014 Winners:
2014 Ken-Ducky Derby Winners:
Grand Prize - Sam Swope Auto World Honda Fit
Steven Kelly -- adoption #132761
2nd Prize - $1,000
Annette Hackett -- adoption #124711
3rd Prize - $500
Laverne Ferguson -- adoption #127634
4th Prize - Galt House hotel, breakfast & KaLightoscope tickets
Colette Wagner -- adoption #117824
Do you Go Krogering? You can help Harbor House with your Plus Card!
Harbor House of Louisville has been selected as one of the charities of choice to receive funding from Kroger through the Kroger Plus Card charity program. We are asking everyone to register their Kroger Plus Card through the link provided below. After registering your Plus Card, every time you shop at Kroger you are supporting Harbor House as we continue to grow our participant programs and services!
It's simple -- just follow the directions provided below to start raising funds for Harbor House today!
- Go online to register at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card for Harbor House after you sign up
- (If you do not have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any area Kroger location)
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Click on SIGN UP TODAY in the “New Customer” box
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number
- Update or confirm your information
- You select Harbor House and click on confirm
- You will see Harbor House on the right side of your information page